Stage III Hodgkin's Lymphoma

On February 15th, 16th and 17th Laurie went to the University of Michigan to do another series of tests and exams. Over those three days Laurie saw several different specialists and completed some tests to check her heart function, lung function. She also completed a PET scan, and a biopsy of her bone marrow.

Laurie getting prepped to have her bone marrow
biopsy. Most painful thing I have ever witnessed.



The PET scan showed cancer in lymph nodes in her neck, chest, armpits, abdomen, and spleen. The bone marrow came back without showing any signs of cancer. These results gave the doctor enough to confirm that she has Stage III Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. This was great news to hear as the doctor suspected that it could be Stage IV. This also solidified some other information. Laurie will have at least 12 treatments of chemotherapy over the next 6 months, possibly more. At each treatment she will be given the 4 IV chemotherapy drugs and she will also take 8 different medications for nausea, fever, and pain. Between her treatments she will be given three different nausea medications prescribed for home use.


Several days following the biopsy








4 comments:

  1. Laurie, you are a freaking rock star! And that is the tiniest bum I have ever seen. Well it is. Sorry, inappropriate? Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this an elaborate scheme to hide a tattoo you got on your lower back? Just kidding!! Good to know its not in the bones! Correct me if I'm wrong, Skyler, but I believe milkshakes at bedtime is the appropriate treatment for a diagnosis of "tiny bum".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know from personal experience that milkshakes DEFINITELY aren't good for x-large bum. Laurie must be immune because it has had no effect so far. I'll keep trying.

    ReplyDelete