Life is Normal

The past several weeks have been the BEST weeks of my life.  One, I was told I am Cancer-Free. Yay!!!! Which was the most amazing feeling I have ever had in my life!  Second, having the energy to finally be NORMAL. 
My definition of Normal: Taking care of Kins all by myself without a friend or family member sleeping at my house. Having energy to go grocery shopping, do laundry, vacuum and do dishes. Playing with Kins and cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner. Going to Target, the mall, and Marshals walking around for hours looking for good deals. Taking Kins to the park or McDonalds to have lunch and play on toys. Having Skyler go back to his routine and enjoying his Pediatric rotation.  It's all been an amazing couple of weeks since I've been back from Utah. 
I HEART Normal! 

As you can see, I haven't done much of anything special so there is not anything exciting to talk about, but you have no idea how bad I was wishing these normal days would come a couple of months ago. They are finally here and I feel great.  I'm loving life with my family, Sky and Kinsley, in East Lansing, Michigan.
   
In August after my last Chemo treatment we had made plans to go to Utah and visit.  It was the best trip to Utah ever. I really was looking forward to spending time with my family and having Skyler take a break too.  We had a lot of fun! Seeing such good, close, friends and family that have been so loving and supportive through the past several months of our lives, was great. We are lucky to have so many good people in our lives. 


Here is lil' Kinsley at the airport excited to fly on the plane.  We were so excited to go...or maybe it was just me :) I was dying to see my family and friends having been away from home for what felt like a really long time.  Haylie was awesome and earned the best sister award for flying home with us.  I was still not feeling very well and she entertained Kins the whole time on the plane. 
Kinsley and the cousins. Everyday she would play with them.
We went to Lagoon twice. Kinsley loved the rides and played so hard she passed out both days when we got home.  Skyler, Tage, and Breck went on the Sky Swing. It was so funny seeing Sky's face I think he was more scared then Breck the 5 year old.




We are Twins!!  I love it!!



When Sky and I came home we had a couple of days before Sky had to start his rotation and it was Labor Day weekend. We randomly went camping just the three of us.  We camped at a camp ground site. We put our tent up across from a little park for Kins to play at and made awesome Hobo dinners and roasted marshmallows. Such a fun one night trip. 



6 comments:

  1. Laurie, I'm SO sad that I missed you the day you came into work!! I can't believe I didn't get to see you! But, It looks like you are doing fabulous, and I'll just plan on seeing next time you come back to Utah! :) I love ya lots!
    P.S. You look just as gorgeous as ever!
    Love,
    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that things are getting back to normal for you! and that you are feeling so much better! It was so good to see you for a short minute at work, and we all miss you there so much! Thanks for keeping us all updated on your life, Love ya!
    -Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing Laur! I am so happy that your feeling so much better! I bet Kinsley Loves having your "norm" back too.. So happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! Normal is wonderful! We will keep you in our prayers and wish you all the normalcy in the WORLD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you Laurie. You are amazing. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurie, I'm way behind on checking blogs but my mom has been keeping us up on your progress. So happy to hear life is back to "normal". So grateful to know you are doing well. Much love! Liz

    ReplyDelete