Laurie's Hair

On Friday, March 18th, Laurie decided that she was sick of cleaning up her hair. This video is not the best quality and it doesn't look bad but it was getting visibly thin on top. She could have probably gone a couple days until shaving it but the mess was getting unbearable. This video is of Laurie, Kinsley, Haylie and me cutting her hair.

If you are having problems viewing this video go to this link:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRN7kvYFUqA

42 comments:

  1. Laurie, You are AMAZING!! You have such a great attitude and that made me laugh and cry at the same time. I think about you often and pray for you always!
    Love, Camie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious, awesome and so brave. Thanks for sharing that moment. I'm laughing through the tears right now! Love you! (P.S. the haircut at about the 3:30 point in the video was super cute, you could rock that!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great song choice! We were rocking out while Emily cried. I agree with Skyler, good head shape, nice! We love you guys!
    Bob and Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the best thing i've ever seen. The part with Kinsley and Laurie touching noses is precious. You 3 are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurie you seriously have like a perfectly shaped head I love it! Only you can rock that style, you are honestly so beautiful. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I was bawling through this whole video because it was so awesome. I LOVE it and think it is amazing!! You are beautiful in so many ways. Now you and Skyler are matching :) Better keep a close watch on Kinsley - she may want to join you after watching - better keep the scissors out of reach!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are pure awesome. I'm relieved to know I wasn't the only one laughing and crying through this. This clip is just incredible, just like you. And ditto to the great head shape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this ... you look hip ... now you need some huge earrings!
    Thinking of you and your family often - and with a prayer always.
    XO Gail Berry and family

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Laurie, you are soo amazing!! Thank you for letting us share that moment with you!! And, I agree with everyone else, you have a perfectly shaped head and can TOTALLY rock being bald!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. here i am complaining on my blog about a baby who wont sleep and then i click onto yours...and your shaving your head WITH A SMILE ON! Laurie...you give ME strength! Thank you for posting all this, it has for sure made me want to be a better person just watching you guys and experiencing it a little bit with you.

    Laurie you look gorgeous as ever! You ROCK the bald look! and i would know...my husband is bald. ha ha

    You're in my thoughts and prayers every night!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are freaking hot Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, is what comes to mind! You are so brave! Thank you for sharing this moment with all of us, I also was laughing through the tears. You can definetly pull off no hair!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is Joel Williams's wife, Shay! I just wanted to say that we're thinking of you guys and praying for your health, Laurie. This video made me cry. My grandma has non-hodgkins lymphoma and it's been really difficult watching such a strong, positive, and normally energetic woman go through these treatments. Women who can pull through these difficult times, and still stay positive are very inspiring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing that video with all of us! Your courage and strength is so inspiring to us. We pray daily for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laurie...I told you that you would still look HOT!!! You are so brave, I was laughing and fighting back the tears! You have more courage then anybody I know! Thanks for letting us all watch. We love you LAURIE!!!

    P.S. How cute and supportive is Skyler through the whole thing? You've got a keeper Laur!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey guys, I read about what is going on with Laurie through Haylie's blog and I hope you don't mind that I've been checking in on your blog to see how things are going. Being so far away from family myself, I can't imagine going through something like this. It is amazing how brave and positive you both have been. My prayers are with you guys :)

    P.S. Your little Kinsley is so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Laurie,
    I am so inspired by You and Skyler. I think of you every single day, and hope you are doing OK. Your attitude is amazing, and your strength is something I look at with so much admiration. You are such an inspiration for everyone who knows you, and a wonderful example for your daughter. We pray for you and your family every day.
    Reading your blog puts me in my place! It makes me want to be a better wife, mother and friend.
    Thanks for that!
    Love,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  19. You guys amaze me! You look great with short hair. We continue to pray for you all and appreciate the blog updates.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was pretty amazing to watch. I think you look beautiful with every length of hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Laurie you are and will always be one of the most gorgeous people I have ever met and this video totally proved it! I am so amazed by you and Skyler, that was seriously one of the most precious things I have ever seen! You are in our prayers!!! I love you guys so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  22. only laurie and natalie portman could pull this look off so well! looking beautiful, girl, as always. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're beautiful!! I think of you often and you guys are in my prayers. My boys think that this is the most awesome video ever, and they want to shave my head now.... I better watch myself!!:) Love to you all.
    Mel (Frew) Lindell

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, you guys are amazing! I'm fighting back the tears right now! Laurie looks gorgeous with and without hair!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks everyone! Laurie is amazing I agree. I thought she'd be a little more shy about the baldness but she is wearing it like a badge of honor!

    I'm thinking about dropping out of school and just making short movie clips. My next project will be from this same movie of us cutting Laurie's hair. Don't expect too much though because it will be 50 minutes long and just of us yelling at Kinsley to keep her hands out of the toilet (true story). Now I just need a good song choice

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Skyler, it's been years since I've seen you, but I used to see Laurie all the time at Circle Of Life. I'm amazed and impressed with how well you've been able to keep up on the blogging. This video made me laugh and cry. In fact, I read down through a few of your other posts, and you crack me up. You can tell that you guys are an amazing couple, and that you'll beat this together. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys!
    Rachel (Denhalter) LaFon

    ReplyDelete
  28. You two are so incredible! When I grow up I want to be brave and cheerful like Laurie and Skyler. Keep those scissors hidden or Kinsley might cut off her own cute curls.

    ReplyDelete
  29. there is a lot to be learned from you two! I cried my eyes out through this clip,both tears of sorrow and tears of gratitude. I have learned so much from you guys. We love you lots and think of you always! Thanks for your example and amazing attitude. Laur you are just as beautiful as always! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my goodness, just sat at the computer while tears streamed down my checks. What a strong couple and family, I'm touched and amazed by your strength. With your optimism, you can overcome anything.

    ReplyDelete
  31. you are SOO SOO awesome Laurie!! I love your positive attitude, you are such a good example to me! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  32. There are no words... you are so positive. And holy cow you still look amazing! I can't imagine the wear on your body. Our little Mylie has learned to always bless "aurie" to feel better. {every night} You are in our heart and minds always ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Laurie,
    I only worked with you for a short while at Circle of Life but you are AMAZING!!!! you have the most amazing family and the best attitude about life despite what you're going through!
    I just discovered that your dad is good friends with Scott Gardner. I actually work with his wife Paula. She noticed i was looking at your blog and mentioned she knows you. she will now be following your blog and has nothing but good things to say about you and your family!
    Keep up the amazing positive attitude! you are such an amazing example!
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my gosh you have me laughing and crying at the same time! Thank you so much for your strength. I thought I was having a bad day today-but if you can be so happy doing that-my day is not so bad!!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. You both are in my prayers each day! This video is an inspiration. Some days seem hard and I wonder how I will get through them...then I think of you and my hard days are NOTHING!! Your story inspires me to be a better wife and mother. Please know that we love all 3 of you! Kinslee is a DOLL! Laurie, you are so beautiful, inside and out! Skyler, I am so proud of you! You 2 are an inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing this moment with us. We will continue to pray for you daily. We love you!!!
    Love, Josh, Ashlee and Elsie :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Laurie,

    Your parents were such a blessing to us during my burn accident and other trials. I hope you have someone as special for you during your trial.

    You will be humbled as never before - and once it is over, you will be forever grateful for the experience (and will never want to experience anything like it again)!

    You and your family will be in our prayers.

    Love,

    Warren and Lori Hess and Family

    ReplyDelete
  37. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Laurie,
    I have to add that I am laughing and bawling at the same time. Our whole family sends our love and prayers! I am so glad I ran into your parents yesterday so I could ask them to give you a hug and send my love when your mom visits.

    Love,
    Darcee

    ReplyDelete
  39. I went to school with your sister, Lynsey, and was just reading your blog. I am so inspired by your positive attitude. I probably would've cried while cutting my hair. Just want you to know that I am thinking of you and your family and praying for you to get better. Thanks for sharing your story.
    Bobbi (Comeau) Flinders

    ReplyDelete
  40. You guys are awesome. Laurie, I'm so glad to have found such an amazing friend. Thank you for sharing this very personal moment with us. Let us know if your friends form the "hood" can do anything for you;)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Laurie you are AMAZING!!! You and Skyler will be in our prayers. You look beautiful!

    -Spencer & Chelsi Johnston

    ReplyDelete
  42. Laurie, I'm a big crybaby and I thought I was going to cry when I watched the video, but I just kept smiling instead. Your positive attitude is just infectious and I'm so glad you were brave enough to post this video. You are such a tremendous example to me and I pray for you every day. You've taught me that no trial is too difficult to overcome if we just have faith and keep smiling. Can't wait to read more blog posts!

    ReplyDelete