Today, April 7th, Laurie completed her 4th treatment of Chemotherapy. This is a huge mile marker in her road ahead. Next week, her doctor has scheduled a PET scan to see how effective the chemo has been in treating the cancer. He will take this scan and compare it to the scan Laurie had done nearly two months ago. The doctor is confident that the scan will show significant improvement. Don’t hold me to this but I plan on asking him if I can get a screen shot of the PET scans, and if it’s okay with Laurie, post them here. That way, everyone can see for themselves that the cancer is getting jimmered by Laurie.
Laurie at the treatment center with one of her favorite snacks
Bronner's Christmas Store in Frankenmuth
After Laurie’s third treatment, she was only sick for 3 or 4 days. It was an amazing turnaround compared to her previous treatments when she was sick for longer than a week. Hopefully, this is a sign of good things to come. Due to the fact that Laurie was feeling so great, we were able to do a lot of fun stuff over the past week while her parents have been in town. On Saturday, we were able to go to Frankenmuth, a little German city about an hour away. Laurie was able to do a lot of shopping, which came in handy because Frankenmuth has the largest Christmas store in the WORLD!!! They had every Christmas decoration you could imagine.
Laurie with her parents and Kinsley in Frankenmuth
With 8 treatments left to go we hope that everyone will continue to pray for Laurie, especially this next week, considering that this PET scan will tell us a lot about our future. Your love and prayers have kept us going. Please don't stop now. Give yourself a big hug from me and Laurie and a slobbery kiss from Kinsley (I'm not sure how any of that is physically possible but you get my point).

Laurie,
ReplyDeleteI know I haven't seen you since you worked at Circle of Life, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry you are going through this tough time :( You are such a beautiful girl and an example to so many! So thank you for that! I hope things start getting better and better for you and your family. Your little girl is so adorable :)
Codee Jones
Hi Skyler & Laurie,
ReplyDeleteWe just wanted to let you know we are thinking about you and you are in our prayers. We've always thought so much of you two. Our family is going to the love4laurie event Saturday! Your little girl is so cute & I love her name.
Love, Chris & Stacie Keime
Thank you for keeping us all updated, Skyler! And Laurie, I'm SO happy that you've hit a big mile marker! Let me know if there is ever anything you need. ANYTHING.
ReplyDeleteI love that you said "jimmer". We pray for you often and we are so happy you were able to travel and do some fun things while Laurie's parents were here!! The first time I went to Bronners I was SUPER overwhelmed... seriously, that place is HUGE! But I definitely made some good purchases :) I hope Laurie has a quick turn around time again. We need a game night with you guys.
ReplyDeleteLove, Doug and Jessica
Thanks for the updates Skyler and we are so glad to see that Laurie felt a little bit better with her last treatment. We will continue to pray for you guys! Keep going Laurie-you're amazing!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you're keeping this up, Skyler. There should be some type of medal for "blogging Husbands" for they are few and far between:) John and I really miss you guys, lets hang out before we leave.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that Laurie is doing better with the treatments. My prayers are continually with all of you and I think about you all the time :D
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful Laurie!
ReplyDeleteSkyler...thanks for keeping us updated.
still praying and thinking about you guys...
I came across your blog on McKenzie Matthews page, and I have to say how truly touched I am by your story and expecially your progress, Laurie! You and your family will be in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteCute head warp Laur! You ARE AMAZING! We think of you often!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I am so sorry for your sweet little family. I am completely amazed at how positive, happy and great Laurie is. I can't even imagine. Though I don't know Laurie well, I do know she is so lucky and blessed to have an amazing husband to care for her and help her through this. I hope you are all doing okay, given the circumstance, especially your little girl having to see her mommy go through it. Our prayers and thoughts are with your family :) Can't wait for the update.
ReplyDeleteSkyler and Laurie,
ReplyDeleteI am happy to hear that this round of treatment was a more tolerable then the last... the nausea is definatly one of the hardest things to endure thru chemo.
Please contact me anytime you need to with any questions or just to chat with someone who has been thru a similair experience.
I know one of the things that helped me the most was the people I could talk to who were going thru the same thing or who had already went thru it... there is a big support system there, I still keep in contact with most of the people I became close to then.
Love you guys, and your in my prayers!
KayLeigh S.
I know I don't know you, but I came across your blog through a friend. I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in the Spring of 2002 at the age of 14. I had to undergo Chemo for 6 months at Primary Children's Medical Center and radiation for 2 weeks at the University of Utah. I am now 23 years old and have been cancer free for almost 10 years. This is a difficult time I know, but stay strong and positive and you will make it through. I did. :) I wish you all the best.
ReplyDelete-Rachel