Kinsley's Birthday

Don't let the title of the post confuse you.  Those balloons are mine.  Laurie and Kinsley had balloons and a BYU jersey waiting for me when I got home from taking my board exam.  If I look strange it is because I had just got done taking an 8 hour exam.  Its nice to be done because now I am able to be home with Laurie and Kinsley all day every day for the next 2 months.


On June 24th, Kinsley had her 2nd birthday.  She opened presents, swam in the backyard and ate lots of cake.  She got some pots, pans and a new kitchen set.  It was funny because instead of doing regular kitchen stuff she just tried to get inside of the oven and fridge.













Laurie is doing alright. About a month ago she started feeling a little short of breath and her chest started to hurt.  We brought this up to the doctor who ordered some lung tests and a chest xray.  The day after the exams we received phone calls from our primary care doctor, our oncologist and then later the receptionist for a pulmonologist.  They were coordinating some follow up care for what they fear to be lung damage, as a result of one of the chemotherapy drugs.  This Wednesday, Laurie will do a CAT scan and repeat some lung tests to figure out exactly what is going on.  If it is what they are worried about then they will eliminate the chemo agent that caused the problem and Laurie will likely begin treatment for her lungs.  Sorry to throw potential bad news at the end of a birthday party post.  I'm not sure if this is bad "blogging etiquette" but I think most people check the blog for Laurie updates and I didn't think this news would fit better between birthday pictures.  Keep Laurie in your prayers and thoughts this Wednesday as she goes in for more tests. 

If you have any questions our information requests please let me know.  I'm running out of ideas and I'd be interested to know what people would like to know or hear more about.  Only 6 weeks left to go.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about Laurie's lungs! How scary! We'll definitely pray that these tests will go well and Laurie will be ok. These next six weeks can't come soon enough for you guys. We're going to have a HUGE party when she's done! Oh, and congrats on being done with your boards! What a huge weight off your shoulders I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we'll definitely be keeping you all in our prayers. i've been getting updates from haylie, but it's good to hear what's going on right from you guys.

    kinsley is SO SO SO adorable. haylie told me all about her fun personality and all that energy she's got! sounds like she could keep up with her cousin lucy. :)

    love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sad that we missed Kins' birthday... :( I can't believe She is two already. What adorable pictures. That's too bad about Laurie's lungs. Hopefully everything will be ok. We're praying for you guys and can't wait to celebrate with you in August. Keep up the fight Laur. Not too much longer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think there is such a thing as blog etiquette and personally, I just love hearing updates and seeing pictures of your cute little girl (: Still praying for Laurie and your family every day. Hang in there, you're almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS makes me want to go back so bad. We will keep you all inn our prayers. We miss you, and wear our green bracelets all the time. By the way, that KINSLEY!! I have no words!! SO STINKIN ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete