Cancer-Free

On the 6th of September, I went to the hospital to have a PET scan.  This scan would show whether the last 6 months of chemotherapy had been succesful in treating my cancer.  2 days later, which seemed like an eternity, Skyler, Kinsley and I went to the University of Michigan to talk with my doctor about the results of the scan.

I was ecstatic to hear that the treatments had been a success (if you don't count the lung problems and other lasting side effects). 

I'M OFFICALLY CANCER FREE!!!

It sounds great to say those words.  I feel great.  I'm grateful to be healthy. 

In five years, I'll be able to say that I am cured.  Until then, I have to have regular scans and check ups with my doctors every 6 months.  Even though I am supposed to say that my cancer is in remission, it feels much better to say that I am cancer free.  HOORAY!

I thank my Heavenly Father, family, friends, and church for helping me get to where I am today.  I look forward to all the happiness, joy, love, and laughter, I'll be able to experience over the coming years.. 

10 comments:

  1. Laurie, that is such amazing, wonderful news!!!!!!! I'm so happy for yoy and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beyond thrilled for you Laurie!!! You are such an inspiration to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome!!! We are SO happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every single word that has been posted on this blog has changed me. You are my hero. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ecstatic for you and your little family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you all. I wish I had been in Utah when you were, I wanted to see you! But, seriously that is such great news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laurie and Skyler. I randomly came across your blog today and couldn't believe the story I was reading. I'm so impressed by the strength that the two of you have and the positive attitude that you have had through this ordeal. I know this has been difficult, but you are truly inspiring to many. I wish you all the best and good luck! Your family is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cancer Free, YES!!! So happy for you, what fantastic news! You've been an amazing example to so many. I hope you have a wonderful autumn enjoying your family.

    ReplyDelete